Join ‘Live Online’ this December:
A Global Leadership Experience For Ages 12-18. Students from 30+ countries will be moulded into top global leaders by international figures who have reached the highest echelons of Science, Technology, Business, Politics & Sport, including British Astronaut, Major Tim Peake.
Creating the Next Generation of Global Leaders:
- 5 days of coaching on all the skills that a world-class leader needs: innovation, team-building, negotiation, public speaking and critical thinking
- Powerful experiences with international icons including the British astronaut, Major Tim Peake
- Design a solution to a UN Sustainable Development Goal, become an expert public speaker, and learn how to motivate teams
- For ages 12-18: students will be streamed into mini-groups with others of a similar age
- Delivered ‘Live Online’: experience live, interactive coaching with top professionals from the comfort of your own home
International Recruitment for California College of the Arts (CCA). Located in San Francisco, CCA is a fully-accredited institution offering 22-majors in fine arts, design, writing and architecture.
While the global pandemic has limited the ability to meet face-to-face, CCA invites students to learn more about CCA through a virtual visit. You can indicate a topic of interest and select a convenient time via YouCanBookMe.
(note: if you cannot find a time that works with your schedule, please email and they’ll do the best they can to accommodate your request!)
Students can learn about upcoming events, make a one-on-one appointment with a counselor, and take a virtual guided tour with a current CCA student by going to cca.edu/next.
I am excited to announce that The Immerse Education Essay Competition once again offers students the opportunity to win a 100% scholarship for one of Immerse Education’s award-winning residential or online academic programmes.
Students aged 13-18 are required to submit essay responses to a pre-set question relating to their chosen subject and age group. From categories of every area of interest: Medicine, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Creative Writing, English Literature, and many more subjects…
The competition is free to enter, and a great way to practice your academic writing skills. Previous scholarship winners have referenced their success in the Essay Competition on their application to the world’s top universities.
For further guidance and to enter, visit https://www.immerse.education/essay-competition/ (Deadline for entry: 5th January 2021)
Cambridge Summer School and Oxford Summer School
Our award-winning summer course in Cambridge University and Oxford University colleges. Designed for ambitious students and taught by expert university tutors. Ages 13-18.
Visit the website to learn more.
The Oxbridge Online Research Programme
Personalised, one-to-one tuition from your own personal Oxford or Cambridge University tutor. Create a university-level academic research project in any subject field over 2, 4, or 8 weeks. Ages 13-18.
Visit the website to learn more.
Cambridge Online Insights
The highlights of our award-winning summer course can be experienced via a premium e-learning platform.
Learn alongside other students from around the world with the guidance of expert university tutors. Ages 13-18.
Visit the website to learn more.
Elizabeth Franks | Student Services
In this 12-week class, a continuation of our popular Uncommon Summer course, you’ll join a community of other motivated do-ers to gain tools and resources for brainstorming, planning, and launching a self-directed project.
Creating a self-directed project will teach you to work outside your comfort zone, develop new strengths, discover your weaknesses, become more emotionally intelligent, and build your confidence. As the originator and decision-maker, you’ll learn entrepreneurial skills like divergent thinking, project scoping, pitching, and productivity.
As part of this course, you’ll:
- Receive access to an OnDemand video curriculum with all the tools you need to create a self-directed project
- Join bi-weekly workshop sessions with Bonnie Swift (Stanford Storytelling Project), to help you brainstorm, give and receive feedback, and troubleshoot challenges as they arise
- Collaborate with a group of motivated peers via a private Discord community where you’ll have the chance to make personal connections, build community, and work in teams.
- Read and watch a curated selection of articles & videos on how to grow as a self-directed learner
Who is this for? Students who:
- Have a cool project idea that they want to make happen this fall
- Are already working on a project and looking for more ideas/tools/inspiration to take it to the next level
- Want to make a tangible contribution to their community or the larger world
- Have a lot of creative ideas, but just need some structure in order to put them into practice
… But really we’re helping to prepare the next generation of leaders who are coming of age in this highly complex and unprecedented historical moment. In that sense, if you’re between the ages of 14-17, you’re welcome to join us!
This is not for students who:
- Already have a crazy busy fall planned
- Are already stressed out by the whole college process and are reading this feeling like OMG this is one. more. thing.
But if this sounds interesting:
Learn More & Register Here
As with all our courses, there are pay-what-you-can spots available. Please don’t be shy!
Stay curious (but at like a socially acceptable distance),
Starting March 22nd | Sundays | 1-4pm ET
Method Test Prep’s SAT Advantage Course starts this Sunday. The May SAT has been cancelled, but you can take advantage of this distraction free time to boost your score. Over six Sundays we’ll cover strategies for the Reading, Writing & Language, and Math sections of the June SAT.
About the course:
- 18 hours of live instruction from one of our expert teachers.
- All classes meet in a virtual classroom and are recorded for viewing at any time.
- Included in the course is three-month access to Method Test Prep’s acclaimed web-based course with 2 full-length SAT practice tests.
Sun. Mar. 22nd
Sun. Mar. 29th
Sun. Apr. 5th
Sun. Apr. 12th
Sun. Apr. 19th
Sun. Apr. 26th
As you may already know, École Polytechnique is currently closed but ensuring the continuity of its missions in the best possible way. Our webinars are a great opportunity to keep in touch!
Join our presentation of the Bachelor of Science for:
- An introduction of École Polytechnique
- An overview of the Bachelor Program structure and content
- Useful tips for a successful application
- Great insights from our students
A final application round for September 2020 will open from April 4 to April 28, 2020 (4pm French time). Make sure you come with all your questions to prepare for it.
We are also available by email for any questions regarding our programs. Feel free to contact us and stay safe!
Looking to provide your students with the fundamental academic and practical skills needed to become the next generation business leader in sustainability management?
Educating business leaders with a keen understanding for sustainability is the future!
The Sustainability Management School (SUMAS) is proud to offer to IB Schools the Career-Related Studies program in Business and Sustainability. It prepares students to develop their competencies in becoming responsible leaders.
CrS Subjects – Foundation
Applied Component – 3 Pathways
- Sustainability Leadership Camp in Switzerland, Italy or in your local school location.
- Choice of three pathways: Sustainable Fashion, Sustainable Hospitality or Nature Conservation
Download the SUMAS CrS handbook for more information or arrange a call with the SUMAS CP Coordinator to find out how you can implement this program at your school!
Unser Zeitgefühl lautet: Too much information. Auch mit dem Abitur nehmen die Informationen zu. Eine wichtige Entscheidung steht an: die Studien- und Berufswahl. Man fragt sich: Was will ich machen? Was gibt mir Sinn? Und wie orientiere ich mich bei all den Möglichkeiten? Eingebettet sind diese Überlegungen in die Frage, wie die Zukunft der Arbeit aussieht. Gesellschaftliche Trends sind globales und mobiles Arbeiten. Neue Technologien und digitale Vernetzungen eröffnen neue Arbeitsfelder. Die Idee der Work-Life-Balance und der Wunsch, individuelle Bedürfnisse nach Sicherheit als auch nach Freiheit und Flexibilität zu vereinen, machen Zukunftsfragen noch komplexer.
Die Tagung „Abitur – und dann?“ bietet einen Ort der Ruhe zum Nachdenken mit einem Team von Fachleuten: Studienberaterinnen und -berater der Arbeitsagenturen, von Hochschulen und Universitäten, Studierende aus zehn Fachrichtungen und Referierende aus Wissenschaft und Berufspraxis, u.a. mit diesen Keynotes:
„Traumberuf – Die Psychologie der Entscheidungsfindung“, Dipl.-Psych. Lena Schiestel, Podcasterin im Psychologie-Podcast „Die Lösung“ des Bayerischen Rundfunks
„Werde Mitgestalter. Warum die Gesellschaft mündige und fordernde Menschen in allen Berufen braucht“, Lara Fritzsche, stellv. Chefredakteurin des Süddeutsche Zeitung Magazins
„Digital, vernetzt und global in der Wissenschaft arbeiten. Was bedeutet das für eine wertvolle Zukunft?“, Cindy-Ricarda Roberts, Philosophin, Zentrum für Ethik der Medien und der Digitalen Gesellschaft
Wir laden herzlich zur Tagung in die Evangelische Akademie Tutzing am Starnberger See ein.
Greetings from Les Roches and Glion! We hope you had a lovely holiday season and a great start to the New Year. As you start to make their plans for 2020, looking into possibly study options and locations for the summer, you might want to get a taste of the vibrant hospitality industry!
Our new Summer programs are a great opportunity for students to experience incredible study destinations, while also sampling the world of Hospitality Management. Find out more about our 2020 Summer Programs for Les Roches (Switzerland, Spain, China) and Glion (Switzerland and UK).
You have the unique opportunity to win a place on a 1-week Summer Program at Les Roches Switzerland or Spain. All you have to do is, fill out this registration form and submit a one-minute video explaining what they love about the hospitality industry and why they would like to participate in our Summer Program.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to one of our Summer Programs!