We are still welcoming applications for our 2020 summer programmes. Many of the programmes for older students are taught in the University, an inspiring and beautiful environment. Younger students are taught at the OISC teaching centre. Students (and their teachers!) of all ages are welcome and we offer a wide range of options, including:
- Language, Culture and Communication. Students are taught in international groups , unless closed group teaching has been requested , and are grouped according to age and level. The option of examination preparation (IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge) is offered .
- Academic preparation for a wide range of international examinations, including IB at HL and SL, (including TofK and Extended essay support if required) , Advanced Placement, Abitur, A level, A/S, (I)GCSE, with all syllabuses and subjects offered. The course includes Study Skills .
- Oxford and Cambridge University interview and test preparation. The seminars are led by experienced Oxford and Cambridge tutors, including people from admissions in colleges of the University. We prepare students for the written tests at and before the interview such as ELAT, TSA, etc and include advice on the Personal Statement and UCAS.
- Boarding School entrance tests including ISEB,UKISET, and other entrance and scholarship examinations, including 13+ and 16+.
- Programmes for Teachers. We welcome teachers and educational managers from all over the world. Many come to us through the Erasmus Plus programme. There are a range of options, including Refresher Courses, Early Years , and CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning).
- Create your own Oxford Adventure! This pathway offers students the opportunity to flexibly design their own programme and to discover the joys of Oxford, whilst continuing their education and broadening their horizons.
Some students take these programmes to enhance their existing studies, and possibly gain accreditation from their own high school or college. Others see the Oxford programme as an exciting way to widen their cultural and educational experience as part of a gap year. Over 30 subjects are offered, ranging from the Sciences, Mathematics, Liberal Arts, Languages , Business and Economics and many others. The choice of subjects (two for each stay of two weeks) is agreed with OISC in advance, and our staff are always happy to offer advice.
- Host families, which have been inspected and approved
- The University (age 16+) with ensuite rooms
- The Residence (age 14+) which offers en suite rooms,
Cultural and Leisure programme
During July and August we arrange cultural, sports and leisure activities each weekday afternoon. These include punting on the river, visits to galleries and museums, the Colleges of the University with their beautiful architecture dating from medieval times, and (for younger students) the Harry Potter tour. At weekends we arrange full day excursions to destinations such as Stratford and Warwick, London , and the South Coast.
Fees and other charges
English Language only: 20 lessons: £300 per week
( £275 per week for courses of more than 4 weeks )
English Language only: 30 lessons : £400 per week
( £375 per week for courses of more than 4 weeks )
Teachers’ programmes: 30 lessons : £450 per week
All other programmes: £550 per week
(IB, ALevel, (I)GCSE etc
These include: A choice of one or two subjects (20 lessons per week in small groups, or individual tuition of equivalent value if group tuition is not available in a subject).
Individual programme (any subjects) £950 per week
This includes 20 private lessons
Extra individual tuition: £50 per lesson
We include without charge advice on British Universities, Boarding schools and other aspects of education for any students who would like to discuss their future plans during the course.
Host family :£250 per week
£250 per week (under 16); £270 per week (under 12)
Residence : £480 per week
University : £650 per week
Accommodation is in single rooms (unless friends wish to share) with half board and weekend lunches. The University and the Residence provide private bathrooms.
Students arrive Sundays and leave on Saturdays. Since school holidays differ internationally there are no set dates, and students may stay for any number of weeks .
Cultural activities and weekend excursions
Weekday afternoon activities : £70 per week
Full day weekend excursions : each £70
These fees include transport, guide and admission fees .
Heathrow : £120 each way
Other airports are more expensive and a quotation can be provided on request.
We offer reduced tuition fees to students or teachers joining from the same school at the same time, or as a group of friends, or family members. Further information is available on request .
OISC is a well-established international school situated in a historic building in the centre of Oxford. For many years we have offered vacation programmes in a wide range of subjects.. OISC is accredited by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (grade one in all categories, which is “outstanding”), a member of COBIS and the European Association for International Education, and a member of ECIS
For further information on the summer programmes please phone +44 1865 201009