Architecture | Computer Science | Dentistry | Engineering | Investment Banking | Medicine | Psychology | Veterinary Medicine
Interactive, ‘Live Online’ career experiences now available in 8 STEM-related industries.
Register now for a unique opportunity to work alongside experienced engineers, doctors, psychologists, vets and others this term. Students can attend ‘Live Online’ and gain immersive career experiences all from the comfort of their own home.
Register Now (Ages 15-18) Register Now (Ages 12-14)
Enhance your future today! Spring Term work experience now available in 20 of the world’s most desirable careers.
View Programmes & Register Now >
InvestIN are delighted to announce an extensive schedule of ‘Live Online’, immersive career experience programmes for ages 12-18 this term. Students can gain a hands-on, authentic experience of their dream career all from the comfort of their own home.
- Work alongside experienced professionals in live simulations, role-plays and seminars
- Live interaction with senior doctors, engineers, lawyers, psychologists, artists, filmmakers, UN staff, investment bankers and many more
- Gain life-changing, interactive career experiences
Places are highly limited. We kindly ask you to share this email with students and parents so they can register now.
View Programmes & Register Now
PDF of this email
The Warwick Economics Summit reminds you that the deadline for registration for the summit is January 17, 2021.
Further speakers have been confirmed, including Ursula von der Leyen (President of the European Commission), John Hart (Nobel Memorial Prize Winner 2016); Angel Gurría (Secretary General of OECD Council); Asuzsanna Jakab (Deputy Director General of the WHO); and both Jose Ramos-Horta and Professor Muhammad Yunus (each Nobel Peace Prize recipients). Many more expert speakers will be joining the event to discuss panel topics such as Green Transitions; Colonialism; Global Inequalities; and Central Banks. Click here for pre-registration.
In the first two weeks of 2021, we have welcomed a new cohort of students into the International Foundation Programme. At the moment, all classes at Lancaster University Leipzig are being held online due to a lockdown in Germany. They are doing their best to ensure excellent quality of teaching and support students throughout these difficult times.
Lancaster is now accepting applications for October 2021 intake for all of our programmes:
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Software Engineering
- International Foundation Year
Merit-scholarship options. Applicants for direct entry with the following academic performance in their final high school degree (A-Level, IB, GSCE or equivalent) are eligible for the following scholarships:
|Academic performance (e.g. A-Levels or equivalent qualification)
||Lancaster University Leipzig Scholarship
|A*A*A (IB 43)
||€3,000 in the first year of study
€1,000 in each year of subsequent study
|A*AA (IB 39)
||€2,000 in the first year of study
€1,000 in each year of subsequent study
|AAA (IB 38)
||€1,000 in each year of study
|AAB (IB 36)
||€750 in each year of study
All applications will automatically be considered for a scholarship as soon as students submit their online application form with all required documents.
Students should feel free to join Lancaster’s monthly Virtual Open Days, where they can learn more about the possibility of studying at one of top 10 UK universities – in Germany.
Medical Doorway are delighted announce that it is still possible to apply to study medicine at Brunel University in London. There is increased competition for international students seeking to study medicine at British universities in 2021. A direct application to Brunel offers an additional opportunity to aspiring doctors who want to enrol next year. The MBBS at Brunel is only open to international students, creating a new pathway for those who want a UK medical qualification. The number of medical school seats for international students in London is at a premium. The Brunel University programme offers a fantastic opportunity for aspiring doctors who want the added convenience and experience of studying and living in one of the world’s most connected capitals.
Applications can be made directly and 100% free with Medical Doorway giving applicants another option aside of the four they will have already made through UCAS.
For the 2021 admission, A-level candidates will be required to gain an AAB which must include Biology or Chemistry plus one additional science from Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Maths. IB candidates should have, or be expected to achieve, a total score of at least 33 points with Higher Level 6 and Higher Level 5 in either Chemistry or Biology and a second science (Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Mathematics). Currently UCAT or BMAT is NOT required.
In 2021, ten scholarships of up to £30,000 will be available. This will reduce the current annual tuition fee of £40,000 to £34,000 per year for the five years of the MBBS.
While applications are still being accepted, the medical school have already commenced shortlisting those who have already applied. Therefore we strongly advise students to commence the application as soon as possible.
For more information check out the Brunel University section of our website or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to the MBBS at Brunel University
University of Warwick student-run Economics Summit is looking forward to opening up places to pre-university students for the first time this year. Whether or not students are looking at Warwick for study, they would be very welcome to apply for tickets to join. Previous speaker line-ups have included Nobel Prize-winners, heads of international banks, political leaders (including European ex-Prime Minsters),leading commentators, and editors of flagship economic journals.
The full line-up for 2021 is not released, but Warwick can now announce that speakers will include Janet Yellen (ex-Chair of the Federal Reserve); John Ridding (CEO of the Financial Times); and Antoinette Monsio Sayeh (Deputy-Managing Director of the IMF). Further details on the speakers will be unveiled on 1 January…
- What is it? Warwick Economics Summit is a student-run society, now in its 20th year. Our students bring together university delegations from across the world at an annual convention. This year the Summit will be held online.
- When is it? Friday 5 February to Sunday 7 February 2021 (online)
- Who is it for? For the first time, Economics Summit will be open to pre-university students aged 16-18. Students from all disciplines are welcome, but it will particularly interest those keen on International issues in Economics (spanning into Politics and International Relations; Sustainable Development; and potentially this year European Integration, the place of Brexit and much more)
- Are tickets limited? Yes, there are only a few hundred tickets available, and these tend to be allocated very quickly after the deadline.
- How do I register? Pre-registration is now open here: https://www.accelevents.com/e/WESPreRegistration
- When is the deadline? The Society have agreed to extend the deadline until 17 January 2021.
- How do I find out more? Economics Summit have their own website https://www.warwickeconomicssummit.com and Facebook link here: https://fb.me/e/7pG7nZC6z
Economics Summit is just one of around 250 student-run societies at Warwick, which cover a huge variety of interests, hobbies and networks. Students can explore further here https://warwicksu.com/societies-sports/societies.
Aberystwyth University would like to invite students to join them at the Online Open Day on November 25th. Students will have the chance to…
- Find out why Aberystwyth University consistently tops the UK rankings for Teaching Quality and Student Satisfaction
- Chat live with lecturers about the degree subjects they are interested in
- Find out about the International Accommodation Award (equivalent to £3,700 scholarship per year)
- Experience facilities through their Virtual Tour
- Speak to current students
- Watch presentations on how to apply; accommodation; fees; scholarships and visas
- Chat directly to the International Team
- Find out about English Language Requirements, Pre-sessional English courses and our International Foundation Certificate
There are two Online Open Day sessions running on the 25th:
– 10:00-12:00 GMT
– 18:00-20:00 GMT
Students can register for one or both of these sessions now by clicking the link below. Watch Aberystwyth University YouTube video for more of an idea on what to expect.
Mon 23 – Fri 27 November
The university of Bath know how important it is for students to get all the information they need to choose the right university for them, and so they want to provide you with as many opportunities as possible to ask questions about studying at Bath.
The Virtual Open Week is taking place between Monday 23 and Friday 27 November (from 4.30 pm to 6.30 pm each day) and features live Q&A sessions with students and staff at the university. This will give students another chance to have answers given for questions about courses, admissions, accommodation and student life at Bath.
In the meantime, students can chat with some of Bath students via Unibuddy and read the Student Blogs to find out more about choosing to study at Bath.
Warwick now has international undergraduate scholarships for 2021 entry. A commitment to international diversity is at the heart of our decision to offer undergraduate financial support, following the upcoming changes of fee status for EU/EEA/Swiss students for the 2021 academic year. We greatly value the contribution for European students (and indeed staff) to make academic community, and hope that the expansion of financial support may make study possible for more high-achieving European students.
University of Warwick Undergraduate Global Excellence Scholarships
The University of Warwick will offer 250 Scholarships to international fee-paying students for 2021 entry. The new Warwick Undergraduate Global Excellence Scholarship Scheme will be available for international students who hold an offer with the University for an Undergraduate course for 2021. Warwick will offer:
- 20 full tuition fee scholarships
- 160 scholarships of £13,000
- 70 scholarships of £2,000
Each award will be payable for successive years, and for the full duration of students’ undergraduate degree courses, including integrated Master’s.
University of Warwick Fees 2021
Undergraduate fees are listed on Warwick’s Academic Office pages: https://warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/finance/fees/overseasfees
UK Nationals living in Europe
The UK Government and Student Loans Company England) have provided some updates over the summer:
- Assessing eligibility for Home fee status: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-nationals-in-the-eea-and-switzerland-access-to-higher-education-and-19-further-education#higher-and-19-further-education-courses-starting-from-1-august-2021
- Student Loans Company 2021 Guide https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2021/ft/sfe_how_you_are_assessed_and_paid_guide_2021_o.pdf (see Section 2 – ‘Do I Qualify?’)
The relevant section from the first of these links states that:
‘For courses starting from 1 August 2021, you will continue to be eligible for home fee status and be able to access HE and FE student finance or be funded for a 19+ FE course as long as:
- you are living in the EEA or Switzerland on 31 December 2020, and either:
- you lived in England immediately before moving there, and you have lived in the EEA, Switzerland, the UK or Gibraltar for at least the last 3 years before starting a course in the UK
- you did not live in the UK immediately before living there, and have lived in the EEA, Switzerland, the UK or Gibraltar for at least 3 years before starting a course in England
- you have lived continuously in the EEA, Switzerland, the UK or Gibraltar between 31 December 2020 and the start of your course
- the course starts before 1 January 2028