University of Warwick student-run Economics Summit is looking forward to opening up places to pre-university students for the first time this year. Whether or not students are looking at Warwick for study, they would be very welcome to apply for tickets to join. Previous speaker line-ups have included Nobel Prize-winners, heads of international banks, political leaders (including European ex-Prime Minsters),leading commentators, and editors of flagship economic journals.
The full line-up for 2021 is not released, but Warwick can now announce that speakers will include Janet Yellen (ex-Chair of the Federal Reserve); John Ridding (CEO of the Financial Times); and Antoinette Monsio Sayeh (Deputy-Managing Director of the IMF). Further details on the speakers will be unveiled on 1 January…
- What is it? Warwick Economics Summit is a student-run society, now in its 20th year. Our students bring together university delegations from across the world at an annual convention. This year the Summit will be held online.
- When is it? Friday 5 February to Sunday 7 February 2021 (online)
- Who is it for? For the first time, Economics Summit will be open to pre-university students aged 16-18. Students from all disciplines are welcome, but it will particularly interest those keen on International issues in Economics (spanning into Politics and International Relations; Sustainable Development; and potentially this year European Integration, the place of Brexit and much more)
- Are tickets limited? Yes, there are only a few hundred tickets available, and these tend to be allocated very quickly after the deadline.
- How do I register? Pre-registration is now open here: https://www.accelevents.com/e/WESPreRegistration
- When is the deadline? The Society have agreed to extend the deadline until 17 January 2021.
- How do I find out more? Economics Summit have their own website https://www.warwickeconomicssummit.com and Facebook link here: https://fb.me/e/7pG7nZC6z
Economics Summit is just one of around 250 student-run societies at Warwick, which cover a huge variety of interests, hobbies and networks. Students can explore further here https://warwicksu.com/societies-sports/societies.